Fortunately, Windows 10 has an in-built security feature known as Defender Security Center. This helps in keeping your system safe from unwanted elements like viruses and spyware etc.
Here’s the way of using Windows Defender Security Center.
The method of accessing Security Center on a Windows 10 PC
- Firstly, click on the search box. It will be present towards the below at the corner of the display.
- Then, write ‘Windows Defender Security Center’.
- After that, hit on Enter.
- Next, click on the Windows Defender Security Center. You will get it from the list of search results.
- Lastly, check that you will be taken to the Center’s screen dashboard.
The method of accessing Windows Defender Security Center from the system tray
- Firstly, look towards the below of your display.
- Press the up arrow for beginning the System Tray.
- Then, click the Windows Defender symbol option.
- Lastly, the dashboard for Windows Defender Security Center will begin by itself.
The method of using the Windows Security Center to check PC’s Health Report
- Firstly, go to Windows Defender Security Center by using the method mentioned above.
- Then, note that after visiting the Center’s dashboard, users may avail the Health report in total two different ways
- The first way is by choosing Device performance and health.
- The second way is by choosing the menu. It will be present towards the left of the dashboard. After that, click on Device performance and health.
- Look that there will be four categories for letting you know the status.
- Then, check if there is any problem that needs to be solved or not. If there is, then a link to that problem shall be shown below its suitable category. And if there shall be no issue, then you shall see a tick mark immediate after to its suitable category with written as ‘No issues’ below it.
The method of setting Windows Defender SmartScreen Settings for Applications and Browsers
- Firstly, avail the Windows Defender Security Center by following the method mentioned above.
- Then, Click on App and browser control from the dashboard.
Note that the App and browser control menu shall provide users plenty of options of SmartScreen settings. It can be changed according to your preference — for instance, Checking of applications and files, SmartScreen for MS applications. Lastly, choose among the options of Block, Warn, or Off for setting the type of safety that you would prefer to have in your system.
John Perley is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, John has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.